Announced in a blog post earlier today, the big Marshmallow update brings a number of new features and enhancements that should help breathe some new life into the handset. The over-the-air update has already started rolling out, and should reach 100% of OnePlus 2 devices within 48 hours.
Aside from a bump up to OxygenOS version 3.0.2, here are the main features that come with this update:
- Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow upgrade
- Enhanced Doze mode for better battery life
- System wide performance improvements
- Improved fingerprint sensor performance and recognition
- New OnePlus Camera UI and AF optimization
- MaxxAudio and Tuner have been removed. We have integrated with Dirac HD Sound technology for the speaker so you get a great experience without the knobs and dials
- Shelf UX has been improved. You can now long press to edit a board
- You can now lock apps in recents so they won’t be cleared away. We’ve also added clear process in addition to clear-all for those of you who want a better control of background processes
- Network operator selection will now stick to your choice so you don’t accidentally roam onto unintended networks
- SwiftKey update to 6.3.3
For some reason this update will clear out your stored fingerprints, so you’ll need to set that up again after your phone boots up.